Man dies after falling from fourth floor window of the Whittington Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man has died after falling from a fourth floor window of the Whittington Hospital.
In the early hours of Sunday morning (April 21), Vincent Fulham fell from a window in the Whittington Hospital in Magdala Avenue and died.
Police were called to the scene at 1:51am in the morning. They are not treating the death as suspicious.
The hospital has launched an internal investigation following the incident.
In a statement a spokeswoman for the hospital said: “An internal investigation has been launched following an incident in the early hours of Sunday morning at The Whittington Hospital in which a 39-year-old patient died.
“The Metropolitan Police attended and are not treating the death as suspicious.
“The Trust are supporting the police with their inquiries.”
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 6 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 7 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
- 8 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 International food festival coming to Islington this month
The London Ambulance Service did not attend the scene.
The inquest was opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroner’s Court yesterday (April 23).