Man dies in fall from Archway bridge
A MAN has died after falling from Archway bridge this lunchtime.
Police were called at around midday to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses reported that he had taken a ladder to the scene to climb over the barrier.
Police closed the southbound lanes of Archway Road, and Hornsey Lane.
The A1 remains closed southbound but Hornsey Lane has been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe they know the identity of the man, and are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?