Man dies in fall from Archway bridge
A MAN has died after falling from Archway bridge this lunchtime.
Police were called at around midday to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses reported that he had taken a ladder to the scene to climb over the barrier.
Police closed the southbound lanes of Archway Road, and Hornsey Lane.
The A1 remains closed southbound but Hornsey Lane has been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe they know the identity of the man, and are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week