Man dies in fall from Archway bridge
A MAN has died after falling from Archway bridge this lunchtime.
Police were called at around midday to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses reported that he had taken a ladder to the scene to climb over the barrier.
Police closed the southbound lanes of Archway Road, and Hornsey Lane.
The A1 remains closed southbound but Hornsey Lane has been reopened.
Officers believe they know the identity of the man, and are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op