Man dies in fall from Archway bridge
A MAN has died after falling from Archway bridge this lunchtime.
Police were called at around midday to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses reported that he had taken a ladder to the scene to climb over the barrier.
Police closed the southbound lanes of Archway Road, and Hornsey Lane.
The A1 remains closed southbound but Hornsey Lane has been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe they know the identity of the man, and are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules