Man dies in Hornsey Rise Gardens fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in Hornsey Rise Gardens after a flat fire.
Two fire crews and 14 firefighters from Holloway and Hornsey stations were called to the blaze at 5.30am yesterday.
London Fire Brigade said the ground floor flat was “badly damaged”.
A woman was also rescued from a first floor flat. She was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.
The fire was brought under control by 6.30am, and the cause is being investigated by the brigade.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the incident? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing