Man dies in Hornsey Rise Gardens fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in Hornsey Rise Gardens after a flat fire.
Two fire crews and 14 firefighters from Holloway and Hornsey stations were called to the blaze at 5.30am yesterday.
London Fire Brigade said the ground floor flat was “badly damaged”.
A woman was also rescued from a first floor flat. She was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.
The fire was brought under control by 6.30am, and the cause is being investigated by the brigade.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the incident? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'