Man dies on bus in Stoke Newington
Roads closed as emergency crews battle to save his life
A MAN collapsed on a bus and died on Tuesday morning despite frantic efforts by emergency crews.
The victim, aged 61, from Islington but who has not been named, was travelling on a bus along Rectory Road, Stoke Newington, when he went into cardiac arrest.
Two ambulances and one single responder raced to the scene at the junction of Stoke Newington Common.
When they arrived the man was unconscious and roads were closed of as the teams tried to save his life before racing him to Homerton Hospital where he died.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed and the roads are now open again.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller