Man dies on bus in Stoke Newington
Roads closed as emergency crews battle to save his life
A MAN collapsed on a bus and died on Tuesday morning despite frantic efforts by emergency crews.
The victim, aged 61, from Islington but who has not been named, was travelling on a bus along Rectory Road, Stoke Newington, when he went into cardiac arrest.
Two ambulances and one single responder raced to the scene at the junction of Stoke Newington Common.
When they arrived the man was unconscious and roads were closed of as the teams tried to save his life before racing him to Homerton Hospital where he died.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed and the roads are now open again.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey