Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- Credit: Andre Langlois
A man has died after he collapsed in the street in Islington this afternoon.
Met Police officers and London Ambulance Service staff were called to Penton Street at 2.45pm today (January 15) and found a man unresponsive at the scene.
He was pronounced dead at 4pm, and the police are in the process of informing his next of kin.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained, and no arrests have been made.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 with reference CAD 3687/15JAN.
- 1 ‘Absolute disgrace’: Heating and hot water issues plague two estates
- 2 LTNs, census, carers and run for Macmillan
- 3 Learning in lockdown: Homeschooling in Islington after move from America
- 4 NOcado campaign: Ocado brings High Court challenge
- 5 Covid rule warning issued after spate of parties in Islington
- 6 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- 8 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 9 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 10 ‘Behind the Badge’: Meet Highbury East’s neighbourhood officer