Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- Credit: Andre Langlois
A man has died after he collapsed in the street in Islington this afternoon.
Met Police officers and London Ambulance Service staff were called to Penton Street at 2.45pm today (January 15) and found a man unresponsive at the scene.
He was pronounced dead at 4pm, and the police are in the process of informing his next of kin.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained, and no arrests have been made.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 with reference CAD 3687/15JAN.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey