Man falls to his death from Archway Bridge
A MAN plummeted to his death from Archway Bridge today (Friday).
Police and ambulance crews were called to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 12pm after receiving reports that a man had fallen.
The man, who landed on the southbound carriageway, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He is believed to be aged 32 and from Wimbledon but he has not yet been officially identified.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.05pm to reports of a fall from height. We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but sadly one patient, a man reported to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Archway Road and Langdon Park Road were closed after the incident, causing traffic chaos in the area.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting