Man falls to his death from Archway Bridge
A MAN plummeted to his death from Archway Bridge today (Friday).
Police and ambulance crews were called to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 12pm after receiving reports that a man had fallen.
The man, who landed on the southbound carriageway, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He is believed to be aged 32 and from Wimbledon but he has not yet been officially identified.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.05pm to reports of a fall from height. We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but sadly one patient, a man reported to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Archway Road and Langdon Park Road were closed after the incident, causing traffic chaos in the area.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream