Man falls to his death from Archway Bridge
A MAN plummeted to his death from Archway Bridge today (Friday).
Police and ambulance crews were called to the bridge over Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 12pm after receiving reports that a man had fallen.
The man, who landed on the southbound carriageway, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He is believed to be aged 32 and from Wimbledon but he has not yet been officially identified.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.05pm to reports of a fall from height. We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but sadly one patient, a man reported to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Archway Road and Langdon Park Road were closed after the incident, causing traffic chaos in the area.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington