UCL student found dead at Holloway Road halls
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead at a block of student flats in the Holloway Road last night.
A 22-year-old University College London [UCL] student was found dead at a block of halls in the Holloway Road last night.
Paramedics called police to the Unite Students’ Stapleton House Building at 5.50pm after reports were made of a man found dead in the building.
Specialist police officers and firefighters attended and set up a cordon “due to concerns the address may have contained chemical material”.
A UCL spokesperson said: “It is with great sadness, we can confirm the death of a 22 year-old male UCL student yesterday (Wednesday 30 January). We are shocked and saddened by this news and our sympathies are with his family and friends at this difficult time. Police officers attended the scene and have confirmed the death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“Our dedicated student support and well-being team are on hand to support members of our community at this time.
“We also provide free and confidential counselling 365 days a year, as well as daily drop in sessions. We encourage anyone affected to contact us for support on +44 (0) 20 7679 0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
A Met spokesperson said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious at this time – emergency services remain at the scene.”
The man’s next of kin have been informed.
A London Ambulance spokesperson said: “We were called at 5:48pm yesterday to reports of an incident at a residential address.
“We sent a number of crews to the scene including an incident response officer and a single responder in a car.
“Sadly, a person was found dead at the scene.”
A Unite Students spokesperson said: “We can confirm that one of our residents has very sadly died and that the circumstances surrounding their death are not suspicious.
“This is a very upsetting time for our students and employees at the property and we are working closely with UCL to provide support for any students who are affected.”
Did you see what happened or know the man who died? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com