Police appeal after man found collapsed in ‘critical condition’ in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information after a man was found collapsed in a “critical condition” in Hoxton.
Two passersby found the man lying in Nile Street at about 8pm on Sunday.
They called the London Ambulance Service who took the man, aged 34, to a north London hospital. He remains in hospital.
On Monday, police were made aware the victim had a number of injuries which could potentially be consistent with an assault, and an investigation was launched.
The man is known to have walked from his home address a short distance onto Nile Street and into Tesco Express on East Road, where he spent a couple of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
He was found collapsed nearby soon after. His next of kin are aware.
Det Sgt Danny Blakemore, from Central East CID, said: “We need the public to help us work out exactly what happened.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
“We are asking people to think back as to whether they were in or around Tesco Express on East Road at around 7.45pm on Saturday and may have seen anything unusual.”
Anyone with information should call 101 with reference number 3488/10May.
Did you see what hapened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244