Man in serious condition after Stroud Green assault
A man is in a serious condition after he was rumoured to have been stabbed in the neck in Stroud Green.
The 26-year-old man was rushed to an east London hospital after he was assaulted in Perth Road on Sunday, June 17, in the early hours of the morning.
It is rumoured the man - who remains in a serious but stable condition - had been stabbed.
The first paramedics from the London Ambulance Service arrived on the scene within five minutes of receiving the call at 12.45am.
Both roads - along with parts of Upper Tollington Park Road - are understood to have been blocked off the next day while police investigated the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police also went door-to-door searching for witnesses to the attack, handing out letters which say the incident happened in the area in the vicinity of the Faltering Fullback pub, on the corner of Perth Road and Ennis Road.
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
Detectives based at Tottenham are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101. People who wish to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers call 0800 555 111.