Man jailed after Holloway collision which killed 78-year-old grandma
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed following a collision which killed a 78-year-old grandma.
Androula Michael, of Carnoustie Drive, off Caledonian Road, Islington, died in hospital after the incident on May 1 last year.
She had been out shopping in Sussex Way, Holloway, when a blue Mercedes C250 driven by Riad Ladjassa, 41, collided with her.
At Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday Ladjassa, of Brownlow Road, Bounds Green, was sentenced to two six month terms, to run concurrently, after pleading guilty to causing death by careless driving causing death whilst uninsured.
He was disqualified from driving for three years and will also be required to take an extended re-test before driving again.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination gave Mrs Michael’s cause of death as multiple injuries consistent with a road traffic collision.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park