Man jailed after Holloway collision which killed 78-year-old grandma
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed following a collision which killed a 78-year-old grandma.
Androula Michael, of Carnoustie Drive, off Caledonian Road, Islington, died in hospital after the incident on May 1 last year.
She had been out shopping in Sussex Way, Holloway, when a blue Mercedes C250 driven by Riad Ladjassa, 41, collided with her.
At Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday Ladjassa, of Brownlow Road, Bounds Green, was sentenced to two six month terms, to run concurrently, after pleading guilty to causing death by careless driving causing death whilst uninsured.
He was disqualified from driving for three years and will also be required to take an extended re-test before driving again.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination gave Mrs Michael’s cause of death as multiple injuries consistent with a road traffic collision.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir