Man left fighting for his life after Farringdon bus collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left fighting for his life after a collision with a double decker bus this morning.
The pedestrian - a man in his 40s - was left with potentially life threatening head injuries after the incident with the number 55 bus in Farringdon Road, near the junction with Clerkenwell Road, Farringdon, at around 7.30am.
The victim was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital, where he remains in a critical condition
The bus driver was checked over at the scene but didn’t need to be hopsitalised.
Roads round the junction were closed until approximately 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made, but officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information can all 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 10 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend