Man left fighting for his life after Farringdon bus collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left fighting for his life after a collision with a double decker bus this morning.
The pedestrian - a man in his 40s - was left with potentially life threatening head injuries after the incident with the number 55 bus in Farringdon Road, near the junction with Clerkenwell Road, Farringdon, at around 7.30am.
The victim was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital, where he remains in a critical condition
The bus driver was checked over at the scene but didn’t need to be hopsitalised.
Roads round the junction were closed until approximately 1pm.
No arrests have been made, but officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information can all 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?