Man left fighting for his life after Farringdon bus collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left fighting for his life after a collision with a double decker bus this morning.
The pedestrian - a man in his 40s - was left with potentially life threatening head injuries after the incident with the number 55 bus in Farringdon Road, near the junction with Clerkenwell Road, Farringdon, at around 7.30am.
The victim was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital, where he remains in a critical condition
The bus driver was checked over at the scene but didn’t need to be hopsitalised.
Roads round the junction were closed until approximately 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made, but officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information can all 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden