Man left “screaming in pain” after being hit by lorry on Holloway Road
- Credit: Archant
Holloway Road station was closed whilst the man was rescued from underneath the lorry
A man has been left seriously injured after being hit by a delivery lorry on Holloway Road on Saturday.
The man, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital shortly after police arrived on Saturday evening around 8pm.
Eyewitnesses took to twitter to share details of the accident.
One user wrote: “There’s a man under a delivery lorry on Holloway Road outside the station. Horrific.”
You may also want to watch:
Another recalled: “He was alive... And screaming from the pain”
Air ambulance teams and Islington police attended the scene. Holloway Road station was closed whilst the man was rescued from under the lorry.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
A police spokesperson said: “Police were called at around 19:50hrs on Saturday, 4 July to a collision between a lorry and a pedestrian on Holloway Road, N7 near the Underground station.
“The pedestrian, a man believed aged in his 30s, was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are described a serious but not life threatening.
No arrests at this time.”