Man pleads guilty over Tufnell Park and Finsbury Park robberies
A robber involved in two raids in 10 minutes which saw shopkeepers threatened at gunpoint pleaded guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court..
Levi Ingram, 20, of no fixed address, admitted to a string of charges relating to robberies at Gonca supermarket in Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, and My Shop in Fortess Road, Tufnell Park, last year.
Ingram and his 16-year-old accomplice, who pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing, entered Gonca supermarket at 9.45pm on December 21.
CCTV showed the two suspects, one armed with the gun and the other with a large knife, demand cash from the till.
Ingram held the gun to the head of 46-year old shopkeeper Dogan Sahim, which prompted his son Yilmaz, 25, to race forward and tackle the robber.
During the ensuing struggle, the youth repeatedly tried to stab the shopkeeper and the gunman pistol-whipped his son.
The incident spilled onto the street before the attackers fled empty-handed down nearby Monsell Road. The victims were treated at hospital for their injuries.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 6 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 7 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 8 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 9 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 10 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
Just 10 minutes earlier, the two men had raided My Shop, threatening staff with a gun and a knife and making off with �300 cash from the till.
Ingram pleaded guilty to robbery, attempted robbery, two counts of possession of an imitation firearm and one count of grievous bodily harm.
Both men will be sentenced on 28 July.