Man pleads guilty over Tufnell Park and Finsbury Park robberies
A robber involved in two raids in 10 minutes which saw shopkeepers threatened at gunpoint pleaded guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court..
Levi Ingram, 20, of no fixed address, admitted to a string of charges relating to robberies at Gonca supermarket in Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, and My Shop in Fortess Road, Tufnell Park, last year.
Ingram and his 16-year-old accomplice, who pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing, entered Gonca supermarket at 9.45pm on December 21.
CCTV showed the two suspects, one armed with the gun and the other with a large knife, demand cash from the till.
Ingram held the gun to the head of 46-year old shopkeeper Dogan Sahim, which prompted his son Yilmaz, 25, to race forward and tackle the robber.
You may also want to watch:
During the ensuing struggle, the youth repeatedly tried to stab the shopkeeper and the gunman pistol-whipped his son.
The incident spilled onto the street before the attackers fled empty-handed down nearby Monsell Road. The victims were treated at hospital for their injuries.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 8 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
Just 10 minutes earlier, the two men had raided My Shop, threatening staff with a gun and a knife and making off with �300 cash from the till.
Ingram pleaded guilty to robbery, attempted robbery, two counts of possession of an imitation firearm and one count of grievous bodily harm.
Both men will be sentenced on 28 July.