Man rescued by firefighters from massive Highbury house fire
FIGHFIGHTERS rescued a man via a ladder as they fought a massive unexplained house fire.
Six fire engines and around 30 fire officers were called to Petherton Road, Highbury, last night at around 9pm.
Crew members saved a man from the three-storey property - while another man also escaped unharmed.
The basement, first floor and a staircase in the house were damaged by fire - the blaze was under control by 11pm.
Stoke Newington Green watch manager Rob Hyde said: “Our crews worked hard to contain the fire within the property and prevent it from spreading to other homes.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Islington, Stoke Newington, Kingsland and Holloway stations were at the scene.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?