Man shot in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 27, in serious but stable condition - third violent attack on borough’s streets this week
A man is in hospital after being shot in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called to Evershot Road at about 10pm to reports of gunfire.
They found a 27-year-old man with bullet wounds.
He was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service where his condition is serious but stable.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Trident, Scotland Yard’s specialist gang unit, are investigating.
They believe all the suspects - four black men- made off on foot.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
It is the third violent crime on the streets of Islington in the last few days.
On Saturday two teens were stabbed in separate incidents; the first, at about 1.20pm, saw police rush to Courthauld Road, in Archway, where four young men were said to be fighting.
A 15-year-old boy was found in nearby Hillrise Road with stab wounds to his arm – he was taken to hospital but discharged the nest day.
Then just hours later a 19-year-old was knifed behind HMP Pentonville.
He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries following the attack in Roman Way, Holloway, shortly after 5pm.
No arrests have been made in any of the incidents.
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information can call police on 101. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.