Man shot in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 27, in serious but stable condition - third violent attack on borough’s streets this week
A man is in hospital after being shot in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called to Evershot Road at about 10pm to reports of gunfire.
They found a 27-year-old man with bullet wounds.
He was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service where his condition is serious but stable.
Officers from Trident, Scotland Yard’s specialist gang unit, are investigating.
They believe all the suspects - four black men- made off on foot.
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 5 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 9 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 10 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
It is the third violent crime on the streets of Islington in the last few days.
On Saturday two teens were stabbed in separate incidents; the first, at about 1.20pm, saw police rush to Courthauld Road, in Archway, where four young men were said to be fighting.
A 15-year-old boy was found in nearby Hillrise Road with stab wounds to his arm – he was taken to hospital but discharged the nest day.
Then just hours later a 19-year-old was knifed behind HMP Pentonville.
He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries following the attack in Roman Way, Holloway, shortly after 5pm.
No arrests have been made in any of the incidents.
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information can call police on 101. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.