Finsbury Park robbery: ‘Unknown substance squirted in face’ of victim during Ambler Road attack
- Credit: Archant
A man was robbed for his watch and “squirted in the face” with an unknown substance in the Finsbury Park area last night.
Police were called at 11.33pm to reports of a robbery in Ambler Road.
Officers and paramedics found the 50-year-old victim at the scene - he was taken to hospital but police say his injuries are neither "life-threatening" nor "life-changing".
A Scotland Yard spokesperson told the Gazette: "During the robbery an unknown substance was squirted into the face of the victim.
"The victim was taken to hospital as a precaution, since the substance was causing irritation to his face."
You may also want to watch:
Two suspects fled the scene before police arrived. No arrests have been made.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson added: "We were called at 11:41pm to reports of an incident at a residential address on Ambler Road.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
"We sent a medic in a car to the scene and an ambulance crew.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to hospital."
Any witnesses are urged to call Central North CID officer on 101 quoting reference 8986/may16
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com