Finsbury Park robbery: ‘Unknown substance squirted in face’ of victim during Ambler Road attack
- Credit: Archant
A man was robbed for his watch and “squirted in the face” with an unknown substance in the Finsbury Park area last night.
Police were called at 11.33pm to reports of a robbery in Ambler Road.
Officers and paramedics found the 50-year-old victim at the scene - he was taken to hospital but police say his injuries are neither "life-threatening" nor "life-changing".
A Scotland Yard spokesperson told the Gazette: "During the robbery an unknown substance was squirted into the face of the victim.
"The victim was taken to hospital as a precaution, since the substance was causing irritation to his face."
You may also want to watch:
Two suspects fled the scene before police arrived. No arrests have been made.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson added: "We were called at 11:41pm to reports of an incident at a residential address on Ambler Road.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
"We sent a medic in a car to the scene and an ambulance crew.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to hospital."
Any witnesses are urged to call Central North CID officer on 101 quoting reference 8986/may16
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com