Man stabbed in back during alleged Goswell Road phone robbery
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man was “stabbed in back” during an alleged phone robbery in Goswell Road in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Police were called to the junction of Goswell Road and Lever Street at about 2am, to reports of loud bangs believed to be gunshots.
Firearms officers attended the scene and a large group of people scattered from the area.
After a short search a male in his 30s was found with a single stab wound.
He was taken to hospital and doesn’t have life-threatening injuries, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesperson added: “Further enquiries established that no loud bangs had in fact been heard and an investigation by the Central North Local investigation team into the incident is ongoing.” No arrests have been made.
MPS Firearms Command tweeted saying officers were deployed with the London Air Ambulance and London Ambulance Service “to provide emergency first aid, after a male had been stabbed in the back whilst being robbed of his phone by a group of males.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Did you see what happened? Are you the victim? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk