Man stabbed in back during alleged Goswell Road phone robbery
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man was “stabbed in back” during an alleged phone robbery in Goswell Road in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Police were called to the junction of Goswell Road and Lever Street at about 2am, to reports of loud bangs believed to be gunshots.
Firearms officers attended the scene and a large group of people scattered from the area.
After a short search a male in his 30s was found with a single stab wound.
He was taken to hospital and doesn’t have life-threatening injuries, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesperson added: “Further enquiries established that no loud bangs had in fact been heard and an investigation by the Central North Local investigation team into the incident is ongoing.” No arrests have been made.
MPS Firearms Command tweeted saying officers were deployed with the London Air Ambulance and London Ambulance Service “to provide emergency first aid, after a male had been stabbed in the back whilst being robbed of his phone by a group of males.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
Did you see what happened? Are you the victim? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk