Man suffers cracked skull in mystery Finsbury pub incident
- Credit: Getty Images
An investigation has been launched after a man woke up on a pub floor with his head cracked open.
The man, who police describe as intoxicated, came round on the floor of the Masque Haunt, in Old Street, Finsbury, at around 4.15pm on New Year’s Day.
He suffered a fractured skull and was hospitalised for six days.
Although he is now recovering, but has no recollection of how the injury occurred.
Police believe he may have been assaulted, but CCTV evidence is inconclusive – and they want to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information can call Pc Rob Gray or Det Sgt Barry Leake on 020 7421 0162, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans