Man wanted over attempted rape of Highbury schoolgirl, 13
- Credit: Archant
This is the man police want to trace over the attempted rape of a 13-year-old girl as she walked to school in Highbury.
The girl was attacked on June 8 at about 8.20am before a have-a-go hero confronted the man, who then fled on a stolen bike.
The man had approached the girl and covered her mouth before forcing her into Coach House Lane, where he assaulted her.
The passer-by then intervened and the attacker stole a bike from a teenage boy and rode it along Highbury Hill before ditching it and running away.
Despite numerous enquires neither the suspect nor the teenager have been identified and detectives are now asking for help in identifying the man in the e-fit.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ben Lucas, of the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: “Our investigation is progressing well and we have already spoken to a number of witnesses who have come forward to provide information; I would thank them for their assistance so far.
“However, we are still keen to trace the teenage male cyclist as he would have got a very clear view of the suspect and could provide us with vital information.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations
“With the help of another witness we have created an e-fit of the suspect. We hope this will help identify him and I would urge anyone who recognises the e-fit image to contact police as soon as possible.
“We continue to provide support to the very young victim and her family. This was a terrifying ordeal that took place in daylight as she walked to school and I am keen to identify and arrest the suspect as soon as possible.”
The suspect is described as a white man, about 6ft tall and of muscular build. He had black and grey hair.
Anyone with information about either the suspect or the teenager on the bike should call 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.