Man who died in Archway Bridge fall is named
A young man who fell to his death from Archway Bridge two weeks ago has been named.
Michael Worrall, 28, from Crouch End, was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency services on Friday, October 18 after he plunged from the bridge over Archway Road.
An off-duty nurse attended to Mr Worrall, who lived in Carysfort Road, as he lay in Archway Road before ambulance and police crews arrived at the scene.
Last week, she claimed Mr Worrall was ‘ignored’ by motorists as they drove along Archway Road but this has since been disputed by other eyewitnesses.
An inquest into the cause of his death was opened and adjourned this morning.
You may also want to watch:
His family have been informed.
Mr Worrall’s is the seventh death at the Grade-II listed bridge in just under two years.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
For confidential emotional support in a crisis, contact the Samaritans around the clock on 08457 90 90 90.