Manchester United 2-2 Arsenal: Unai Emery’s Gunners extend unbeaten run to 20 matches
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal played Manchester United at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening. Read on for Layth Yousif’s match report.
Arsenal drew 2-2 with Manchester United at Old Trafford after Jose Mourinho’s side twice equalised moments after going behind.
Unai Emery’s side extended their unbeaten run to 20 matches, insisting he was ‘proud’ of his side’s efforts against the Red Devils.
The Gunners went ahead when keeper David de Gea made a terrible mistake – albeit on a greasy surface – after he could only parry Shkodran Mustafi’s 26th-minute downward header that Ander Herrera could not clear before it crossed the line.
The home side levelled moments later through Anthony Martial after Arsenal keeper Bernd Leno could only half-clear a free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Alexandre Lacazette who replaced Alex Iwobi midway through the second half slotted home to put Emery’s side ahead again with 22 minutes remaining but Mourinho’s side were on terms immediately when Jesse Lingard pounced on Sead Kolasinac’s misplaced pass into the middle.
De Gea made a number of excellent saves as the match ended in a draw as Arsenal drop to fifth with United eighth in the Premier League.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29