Martinelli signs new deal at Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli has signed a fresh deal after impressing in his first season at the Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners announced on Friday that the 19-year-old had agreed a new contract, which the PA news agency understands will tie Martinelli to the club for the next four years, with Arsenal holding the option to extend his stay by a further year.
The Brazilian has scored 10 goals in 26 appearances in his debut season for the Premier League club, having joined from Ituano last summer.
Martinelli’s new deal comes in the same week that fellow teenager Bukayo Saka committed his long-term future to Arsenal.
Head coach Mikel Arteta told the club’s website: “I am very happy that Gabi has signed a new contract with us.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a very talented young player and he has impressed us with his performances, attitude and work-rate.
“We are looking forward to getting him back to full fitness and to watching his development at our club.”
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox