Mary Portas opens new Save the Children shop in Islington
- Credit: Dieter Perry
The queen of shops Mary Portas has opened her new store in Islington.
On Saturday, the celebrity retail consultant cut the ribbon on her latest Mary’s Living and Giving Shop, in Upper Street, part of a chain created for Save the Children.
It will be jam packed with must have pieces which have been kindly donated from luxury and premium brands and every item donated or sold will be used to fund the work done at the international children’s charity.
Mary said: “I am thrilled to announce the opening of the newest edition of our Living and Giving shops as Upper Street is a fabulous location and close to the heart of London’s creative industries.
“We are looking forward to getting to know our neighbours and creating a unique space where locals can get together and shop in an exciting new environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The grand opening of the newest branch was attended not only by the retail royalty herself, but also Justin Forsyth, the chief executive of Save the Children.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant