Mary Portas opens new Save the Children shop in Islington
- Credit: Dieter Perry
The queen of shops Mary Portas has opened her new store in Islington.
On Saturday, the celebrity retail consultant cut the ribbon on her latest Mary’s Living and Giving Shop, in Upper Street, part of a chain created for Save the Children.
It will be jam packed with must have pieces which have been kindly donated from luxury and premium brands and every item donated or sold will be used to fund the work done at the international children’s charity.
Mary said: “I am thrilled to announce the opening of the newest edition of our Living and Giving shops as Upper Street is a fabulous location and close to the heart of London’s creative industries.
“We are looking forward to getting to know our neighbours and creating a unique space where locals can get together and shop in an exciting new environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The grand opening of the newest branch was attended not only by the retail royalty herself, but also Justin Forsyth, the chief executive of Save the Children.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild