Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- Credit: Andre Langlois
Mem and Laz Brasserie in Theberton Street, has won the title of Islington Gazette's best restaurant, as voted by our readers.
In the lead up to charity-led initiative National Hospitality Day on September 18, we asked readers to nominate the best restaurants, pubs and cafes in north London, and then vote on the three finalists.
Runners up in the poll were Alcedo Bistro and Bar in Holloway Road and Zaffrani in Cross Street.
Mem and Laz Brasserie, a bustling Turkish restaurant down a side-street off Upper Street, serves a range of delicious Mediterranean dishes, and has a loyal following of fans.
The intimate dining room boasts eclectic decor, with mosaic chandeliers, hanging lamps for mezze and grill dishes, colourful wall art and plenty of greenery.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the highlights on the menu include apricot-glazed chicken, chargrilled lamb chops and a signature vegetable moussaka.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants