Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- Credit: Andre Langlois
Mem and Laz Brasserie in Theberton Street, has won the title of Islington Gazette's best restaurant, as voted by our readers.
In the lead up to charity-led initiative National Hospitality Day on September 18, we asked readers to nominate the best restaurants, pubs and cafes in north London, and then vote on the three finalists.
Runners up in the poll were Alcedo Bistro and Bar in Holloway Road and Zaffrani in Cross Street.
Mem and Laz Brasserie, a bustling Turkish restaurant down a side-street off Upper Street, serves a range of delicious Mediterranean dishes, and has a loyal following of fans.
The intimate dining room boasts eclectic decor, with mosaic chandeliers, hanging lamps for mezze and grill dishes, colourful wall art and plenty of greenery.
Some of the highlights on the menu include apricot-glazed chicken, chargrilled lamb chops and a signature vegetable moussaka.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 6 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 7 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 8 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 9 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 10 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury