Arsenal captain Mesut Ozil: We played sexy football
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Mesut Ozil-inspired Arsenal beat Leicester City 3-1 at the Emirates on Monday evening, prompting the German to use a memorable phrase.
Arsenal beat Claude Puel’s Foxes to make it ten wins on the bounce for Unai Emery’s impressive side.
The creative midfielder who turned 30 a week ago gave a masterclass which left Arsenal fans hailing his performance – along with boss Unai Emery.
The talented playmaker scored one and had a hand in substitute Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s brace which clinched the game after the Gunners had fallen behind to Ben Chilwell’s cross following a deflection off Hector Bellerin to wrong-foot Bernd Leno.
Ozil tweeted after the victory: “I think we played some sexy football tonight. Proud captain of this team and this club,’ before adding his trademark, “Ya Gunners Ya.”
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Emery was full of praise for the former Real Madrid midfielder.
When asked if he agreeed with Ozil’s description the former PSG boss replied: “Yes...it was a very good performance from Mesut Ozil.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25