Mesut Ozil is ‘a born champion’ says Hector Bellerin after victory over Leicester
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mesut Ozil delivered a stunning performance during Arsenal’s 3-1 victory over Leicester City as Unai Emery’s side made it 10 wins on the bounce on Monday evening at the Emirates – with colleague Hector Bellerin hailing the German playmaker as ‘a born champion.’
Read on for what Bellerin said about the match and the talented Ozil.
On Mesut Ozil…
Mesut is a player that always keeps giving his best and is always surprising everyone and he’s a player that we’re very grateful and very lucky to have. When the team play well with good football and he can find space he’s always a killer with his passes and finishes, so for us to have a player like him in the team is very important.
On whether his jaw ever hits the floor when he’s watching Ozil…
You may also want to watch:
It is like that! It’s like that in training and it’s like that game by game. It’s always a blessing to have players like that but the work comes from the whole team and it comes from the back from the goalkeeper to the striker. We’re all one and when you have players with such quality it’s always that little bit easier.
On 10 wins in a row...
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
It’s difficult to pick up the run again once you’re on the international break because it feels like things break up a little bit so it was a big challenge for us to keep the run going. We were at home and every time we have the passion of ours fans with us it’s always that little bit easier. It was a tough first half because we knew they’re a team that plays good football and they have a lot of quality up front, but when we started playing in the second half and the passes were flowing and we could put a few attacks together the goals just kept coming.