Mesut Ozil is ‘a born champion’ says Hector Bellerin after victory over Leicester
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mesut Ozil delivered a stunning performance during Arsenal’s 3-1 victory over Leicester City as Unai Emery’s side made it 10 wins on the bounce on Monday evening at the Emirates – with colleague Hector Bellerin hailing the German playmaker as ‘a born champion.’
Read on for what Bellerin said about the match and the talented Ozil.
On Mesut Ozil…
Mesut is a player that always keeps giving his best and is always surprising everyone and he’s a player that we’re very grateful and very lucky to have. When the team play well with good football and he can find space he’s always a killer with his passes and finishes, so for us to have a player like him in the team is very important.
On whether his jaw ever hits the floor when he’s watching Ozil…
You may also want to watch:
It is like that! It’s like that in training and it’s like that game by game. It’s always a blessing to have players like that but the work comes from the whole team and it comes from the back from the goalkeeper to the striker. We’re all one and when you have players with such quality it’s always that little bit easier.
On 10 wins in a row...
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
It’s difficult to pick up the run again once you’re on the international break because it feels like things break up a little bit so it was a big challenge for us to keep the run going. We were at home and every time we have the passion of ours fans with us it’s always that little bit easier. It was a tough first half because we knew they’re a team that plays good football and they have a lot of quality up front, but when we started playing in the second half and the passes were flowing and we could put a few attacks together the goals just kept coming.