Middlesex set for May clash with rivals Surrey in County Championship
Middlesex will resume their County Championship rivalry with Surrey in May after the fixtures for the 2016 campaign were published this week.
The Lord’s side, who finished as runners-up in the Championship this year, will get next season under way at home to Warwickshire on April 17.
They then travel to Durham and Hampshire before returning to Lord’s for a home clash with Nottinghamshire and crossing the river to face Surrey – who were promoted back to Division One last season – at The Oval on May 15.
The return match at Lord’s takes place on August 4 as part of a double header in which the two sides also meet in the 50-over Royal London Cup.
Middlesex face Hampshire in their opening fixture in both the NatWest T20 Blast – at Uxbridge on May 27 – and the Royal London Cup, at Radlett on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
The county will also play at least one T20 game at Richmond, but they have dropped Old Merchant Taylor’s School from their schedule for 2016.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern