Millet’s snappy display is just what’s needed for Highgate Harriers
James Millet ran the fastest lap of the day as Highgate Harriers’ Under-17 men’s team struck gold in the Middlesex Young Athletes road relays.
Millet was ably supported by Josh Mills, who held off a strong challenge from Thames Valley Harriers, and Alex Machin Paley, whose superbly-judged final leg secured victory at Hayes.
Georgia Fear recorded the fastest lap in the Under-17 women’s race, while Terry Fawden achieved the same feat to help Harriers’ Under-15 boys’ team to a silver medal.
There was another silver medal for the Under-13 girls’ team, while Theo Machin Paley triumphed in the Under-11 boys’ race, ahead of team-mate Finlay Doyle.
In the Under-11 girls’ event, Highgate debutant Ellie Gilmore and Clara Mee finished second and third respectively.
Meanwhile, Highgate Harriers’ Richard Scott finished 23rd out of a field of thousands at Sunday’s Great North Run with a time of one hour six minutes 51 seconds.
Also competing in the race was veteran Nick Gold, who placed 70th in 1:15 with just two months’ training behind him.
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 9 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Elsewhere, triathlete Danny Russell successfully achieved his medal target on Sunday as he claimed bronze in the 30-35 years age group at the World Championships in Hyde Park.
Russell, who is also a member of Highgate Harriers, had to swim 1500m before cycling 40km and finishing off with a 10km run.