Missing American woman dies days after disappearing from Whittington Hospital
An American woman who walked out of the Whittington Hospital while in urgent need of treatment died days after she went missing.
Police appealed for assistance to trace 47-year-old Rachel More after she disappeared from the hospital in Magdala Avenue, Highgate, on January 17.
Officers said she was at the hospital for treatment after contracting meningitis and she was seen on CCTV leaving the building.
Police asked for the public’s help to find the missing woman, saying she was in urgent need of medical assistance. Three days later Ms More, who lived in Hornsey, visited West End Central police station in Mayfair and officers recognised her.
She was taken back to the Whittington and discharged the next day. But the American died 10 days later from heart disease at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.
Barnet Coroner’s Court confirmed Ms More died of natural causes and no inquest will be held. She had been treated under the Mental Health Act.
Police are not treating her death as suspicious.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021