Missing American woman dies days after disappearing from Whittington Hospital
An American woman who walked out of the Whittington Hospital while in urgent need of treatment died days after she went missing.
Police appealed for assistance to trace 47-year-old Rachel More after she disappeared from the hospital in Magdala Avenue, Highgate, on January 17.
Officers said she was at the hospital for treatment after contracting meningitis and she was seen on CCTV leaving the building.
Police asked for the public’s help to find the missing woman, saying she was in urgent need of medical assistance. Three days later Ms More, who lived in Hornsey, visited West End Central police station in Mayfair and officers recognised her.
She was taken back to the Whittington and discharged the next day. But the American died 10 days later from heart disease at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
Barnet Coroner’s Court confirmed Ms More died of natural causes and no inquest will be held. She had been treated under the Mental Health Act.
Police are not treating her death as suspicious.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans