Missing American woman dies days after disappearing from Whittington Hospital
An American woman who walked out of the Whittington Hospital while in urgent need of treatment died days after she went missing.
Police appealed for assistance to trace 47-year-old Rachel More after she disappeared from the hospital in Magdala Avenue, Highgate, on January 17.
Officers said she was at the hospital for treatment after contracting meningitis and she was seen on CCTV leaving the building.
Police asked for the public’s help to find the missing woman, saying she was in urgent need of medical assistance. Three days later Ms More, who lived in Hornsey, visited West End Central police station in Mayfair and officers recognised her.
She was taken back to the Whittington and discharged the next day. But the American died 10 days later from heart disease at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
Barnet Coroner’s Court confirmed Ms More died of natural causes and no inquest will be held. She had been treated under the Mental Health Act.
Police are not treating her death as suspicious.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'