Monthly award for Arsenal’s Miedema
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal striker Vivianne Miedema has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors fans’ player of the month for December, writes Joshua Bunting.
Miedema was in superb form last month, starting with a double hat-trick in the 11-1 win over Bristol City and ending with 10 goals and four assists.
The Dutch international netted twice against Reading and also struck against Everton before the end of the year.
Miedema saw off the likes of Liverpool's Sophie Bradley-Auckland, Abbi Grant of Birmingham and Manchester City's Lauren Hemp to win the honour.
The Gunners spearhead is having another season to remember as she has so far netted 14 goals in 11 WSL games, as well as scoring twice in four Continental Cup ties.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal are due to take on Reading in the quarter-finals of the Conti Cup on Wednesday, before playing host to Chelsea in a huge derby on Sunday.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’