Monthly award for Arsenal’s Miedema
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal striker Vivianne Miedema has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors fans’ player of the month for December, writes Joshua Bunting.
Miedema was in superb form last month, starting with a double hat-trick in the 11-1 win over Bristol City and ending with 10 goals and four assists.
The Dutch international netted twice against Reading and also struck against Everton before the end of the year.
Miedema saw off the likes of Liverpool's Sophie Bradley-Auckland, Abbi Grant of Birmingham and Manchester City's Lauren Hemp to win the honour.
The Gunners spearhead is having another season to remember as she has so far netted 14 goals in 11 WSL games, as well as scoring twice in four Continental Cup ties.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal are due to take on Reading in the quarter-finals of the Conti Cup on Wednesday, before playing host to Chelsea in a huge derby on Sunday.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 10 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting