Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- Credit: PA
The driver of a car which made off from police after a crash with a moped in Islington, leaving the rider with serious injuries, is wanted by police.
The incident happened just before 11pm on Saturday (April 24) when a car drove away at speed, having apparently seen police cars around Seven Sisters Road.
Police didn't pursue the car, but officers in an unmarked police vehicle did try to keep track of it as it left.
Ten minutes later the car - a blue Nissan Qashqai - collided with a moped in Holloway Road, close to Highbury Corner.
The driver of the Nissan stopped at the scene as the car had sustained significant damage, and its occupants made off on foot.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now trying to trace them.
The rider of the moped, a man aged in his 40s, was taken to hospital and has been left with serious, although not life-threatening, injuries.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Yerbury pupils stage High Court protest against Ocado's plans
As is routine in such cases, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been informed.
Witnesses or anyone with CCTV or dashcam footage are asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 020 8246 9820.