Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- Credit: PA
The driver of a car which made off from police after a crash with a moped in Islington, leaving the rider with serious injuries, is wanted by police.
The incident happened just before 11pm on Saturday (April 24) when a car drove away at speed, having apparently seen police cars around Seven Sisters Road.
Police didn't pursue the car, but officers in an unmarked police vehicle did try to keep track of it as it left.
Ten minutes later the car - a blue Nissan Qashqai - collided with a moped in Holloway Road, close to Highbury Corner.
The driver of the Nissan stopped at the scene as the car had sustained significant damage, and its occupants made off on foot.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now trying to trace them.
The rider of the moped, a man aged in his 40s, was taken to hospital and has been left with serious, although not life-threatening, injuries.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream
As is routine in such cases, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been informed.
Witnesses or anyone with CCTV or dashcam footage are asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 020 8246 9820.