Moped rider hurt in second Finsbury Park crash in 24 hours
SEVEN Sisters Road was partially closed this morning for the second time in 24 hours after a moped rider was thrown from his bike in a collision with a car.
The rider had to be rushed to hospital after he was hit by a sliver car at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Finsbury Park Road at 9.15am.
He suffered minor injuries but is expected to make a full recovery.
A police spokesman said: “A car was in collision with a moped at 9.15am, The moped rider had minor injuries and was taken to Whittington Hospital in Archway.
“The road was partially closed for a short time while the incident was dealt with but it was reopened before 10am.
You may also want to watch:
“The car driver stopped at the scene and there were no arrests.”
Only yesterday a 26-year-old motorcyclist suffered a broken thigh bone after he came off his bike just 100 yards up the road at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and St Thomas’s Road.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'