More students than ever achieve first choice university place at Finsbury boys’ school
Students and staff at Central Foundation Boys’ School are celebrating a 100 per cent A-level pass rate with more students than ever achieving their first choice university place.
The results also place the school in Cowper Street, Finsbury, in the top 10 per cent of all post-16 education providers nationally.
There were also a number of individual stories of outstanding achievement, including Bipul Deb who achieved an A* in mathematics, an A in chemistry and a B in biology to secure a place studying chemical engineering at Loughborough University.
Many of the results have demonstrated the benefit of key scheme which was introduced for students to receive one-on-one mentoring from tutors at international law firm Slaughter and May in specific subjects and dedicated advice for their personal statements.
Head teacher, Jamie Brownhill, said: “We are delighted with these outstanding results which are a great credit to the students and staff at the school.”
You may also want to watch:
The overall results were 14.1 per cent achieving A*- As, 32.9 per cent at A* B grades, 60.4 percent at A-C and 100 per cent at A to E grades.
John O’Shea, director of the Islington Sixth Form Consortium (iC6), said: “Following on from last year’s ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating the results vindicate the tremendous support and hard work that the staff have dedicated to the students over the last two years.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting