More than 15,000 take part in Arsenal fun run
- Credit: Archant
Hardy joggers from around the world join Bob Wilson and Gunnersaurus
Thousands of Gooners across the globe came together for the club’s charity fun run.
Be a Gunner. Be a Runner on Saturday saw about 500 hardy souls take on the annual 10 laps of the Emirates Stadium alongside Arsenal legend Bob Wilson and club mascot Gunnersaurus.
Meanwhile in China, a whopping 14,000 runners took part across 34 cities. Elsewhere in Asia, hundreds more were involved in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam.
The event, now in its seventh year, raises money and awareness for the charitable Arsenal Foundation, which aims to transform the lives of young people in the UK and overseas through various education and sport initiatives.
The foundation is partnered with Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “It is great to see our supporters around the world getting involved in our run and raising thousands of pounds for the Arsenal Foundation in the process.
“The money raised will help us do even more work to help people in the UK and further afield.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
A spokesman added: “Thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of local supporters groups and individual fans, runs were also held in aid of the Arsenal Foundation across Europe, north America and Africa.”
The full amount of cash raised is not yet known – but the final total will be announced soon.