More than 15,000 take part in Arsenal fun run
- Credit: Archant
Hardy joggers from around the world join Bob Wilson and Gunnersaurus
Thousands of Gooners across the globe came together for the club’s charity fun run.
Be a Gunner. Be a Runner on Saturday saw about 500 hardy souls take on the annual 10 laps of the Emirates Stadium alongside Arsenal legend Bob Wilson and club mascot Gunnersaurus.
Meanwhile in China, a whopping 14,000 runners took part across 34 cities. Elsewhere in Asia, hundreds more were involved in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam.
The event, now in its seventh year, raises money and awareness for the charitable Arsenal Foundation, which aims to transform the lives of young people in the UK and overseas through various education and sport initiatives.
The foundation is partnered with Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “It is great to see our supporters around the world getting involved in our run and raising thousands of pounds for the Arsenal Foundation in the process.
“The money raised will help us do even more work to help people in the UK and further afield.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden
A spokesman added: “Thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of local supporters groups and individual fans, runs were also held in aid of the Arsenal Foundation across Europe, north America and Africa.”
The full amount of cash raised is not yet known – but the final total will be announced soon.