Motorbike driver injured in Islington lorry collision
A motorcycle driver was trapped under a lorry after a crash on a busy main road yesterday.
The man was rushed to hospital with chest and pelvic injuries after colliding with the truck in Essex Road, Islington, at around 11.30am.
Witness Joan Coupland, a Labour councillor on Islington Council, said: “I was coming up behind it on a bus.The motorbike was flat and the guy was right under the lorry and stuck. Everything was stopped down there.”
Police closed Essex Road and diverted traffic.
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called to reports of a road traffic collision at 11.34am. Officers attended within two minutes and found a man trapped underneath a lorry.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent two ambulance crews, a motorcycle paramedic, the duty officer and the air ambulance to the scene. Our staff treated one patent, a man, and took him to the Royal London Hospital with chest and pelvic injuries.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition