Motorbike driver injured in Islington lorry collision
A motorcycle driver was trapped under a lorry after a crash on a busy main road yesterday.
The man was rushed to hospital with chest and pelvic injuries after colliding with the truck in Essex Road, Islington, at around 11.30am.
Witness Joan Coupland, a Labour councillor on Islington Council, said: “I was coming up behind it on a bus.The motorbike was flat and the guy was right under the lorry and stuck. Everything was stopped down there.”
Police closed Essex Road and diverted traffic.
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called to reports of a road traffic collision at 11.34am. Officers attended within two minutes and found a man trapped underneath a lorry.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent two ambulance crews, a motorcycle paramedic, the duty officer and the air ambulance to the scene. Our staff treated one patent, a man, and took him to the Royal London Hospital with chest and pelvic injuries.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green