Motorbike driver injured in Islington lorry collision
A motorcycle driver was trapped under a lorry after a crash on a busy main road yesterday.
The man was rushed to hospital with chest and pelvic injuries after colliding with the truck in Essex Road, Islington, at around 11.30am.
Witness Joan Coupland, a Labour councillor on Islington Council, said: “I was coming up behind it on a bus.The motorbike was flat and the guy was right under the lorry and stuck. Everything was stopped down there.”
Police closed Essex Road and diverted traffic.
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called to reports of a road traffic collision at 11.34am. Officers attended within two minutes and found a man trapped underneath a lorry.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent two ambulance crews, a motorcycle paramedic, the duty officer and the air ambulance to the scene. Our staff treated one patent, a man, and took him to the Royal London Hospital with chest and pelvic injuries.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 9 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists