Motorcyclist injured in Islington accident
A 20-year-old motorcyclist was taken to hospital after being in collision with a van on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened in White Lion Street, Islington, at around 4.30pm, and involved a black Honda motorbike and a silver Vauxhall van.
Eyewitness Max French, 18, saw the man lying on the ground and said: “He was trying to put himself in the recovery position, because he knew health and safety. He was talking quite a lot, so I think he will be okay.
He added: “He was pretty shaken up, though. He couldn’t feel his leg.”
A spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said that one ambulance crew and a singe response car were dispatched to the scene and arrived within four minutes.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “A patient, a 20-year-old man, was taken as a priority to the University College Hospital with leg and back pain. He was conscious.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash