Motorcyclist injured in Islington accident
A 20-year-old motorcyclist was taken to hospital after being in collision with a van on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened in White Lion Street, Islington, at around 4.30pm, and involved a black Honda motorbike and a silver Vauxhall van.
Eyewitness Max French, 18, saw the man lying on the ground and said: “He was trying to put himself in the recovery position, because he knew health and safety. He was talking quite a lot, so I think he will be okay.
He added: “He was pretty shaken up, though. He couldn’t feel his leg.”
A spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said that one ambulance crew and a singe response car were dispatched to the scene and arrived within four minutes.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “A patient, a 20-year-old man, was taken as a priority to the University College Hospital with leg and back pain. He was conscious.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 7 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 8 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'