Motorcyclist injured in Islington accident
A 20-year-old motorcyclist was taken to hospital after being in collision with a van on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened in White Lion Street, Islington, at around 4.30pm, and involved a black Honda motorbike and a silver Vauxhall van.
Eyewitness Max French, 18, saw the man lying on the ground and said: “He was trying to put himself in the recovery position, because he knew health and safety. He was talking quite a lot, so I think he will be okay.
He added: “He was pretty shaken up, though. He couldn’t feel his leg.”
A spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said that one ambulance crew and a singe response car were dispatched to the scene and arrived within four minutes.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “A patient, a 20-year-old man, was taken as a priority to the University College Hospital with leg and back pain. He was conscious.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years