Much-loved Finsbury Park restaurant Dotori closes
- Credit: Archant
A much-loved family restaurant in Finsbury Park has announced its closure with a heartfelt sign pinned to the front door.
Dotori, in Stroud Green Road, had been serving Japanese and Korean food to customers for eight years and often had queues stretching out the door.
Just two weeks ago Timeout recommended it to readers, saying it was deservedly packed out every night.
But staff have now told customers they have closed “for some time”. Although they vowed to reopen, they said they were uncertain about when they would do so.
The sign explains: “It was a decision made after long consideration and the realisation that rest was needed.”
You may also want to watch:
Dotori’s reputation remained strong despite the restaurant being given a food hygiene rating of 1 by the Food Standards Agency in December 2014.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition