Much-loved Finsbury Park restaurant Dotori closes
- Credit: Archant
A much-loved family restaurant in Finsbury Park has announced its closure with a heartfelt sign pinned to the front door.
Dotori, in Stroud Green Road, had been serving Japanese and Korean food to customers for eight years and often had queues stretching out the door.
Just two weeks ago Timeout recommended it to readers, saying it was deservedly packed out every night.
But staff have now told customers they have closed “for some time”. Although they vowed to reopen, they said they were uncertain about when they would do so.
The sign explains: “It was a decision made after long consideration and the realisation that rest was needed.”
You may also want to watch:
Dotori’s reputation remained strong despite the restaurant being given a food hygiene rating of 1 by the Food Standards Agency in December 2014.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London