Mum and toddler in Holloway gun man horror
A woman was terrified when a gunman aimed his pistol at her car as she was driving her toddler to school.
Emma Marco, 37, was taking her three-year-old daughter to nursery last Thursday morning.
As she drove along Roman Road, in Holloway, she saw a man and woman who looked like they were involved in a domestic argument.
As she passed the pair, the man pulled out a large gun and pointed it at her vehicle “like a marksman”.
She said: “They were stood outside Holloway prison and he had a mean look on his face. The girl didn’t look happy either so I thought they might have had an argument.
“He pulled out a big gun and aimed it straight at my car.
‘‘I was really scared and I had my child in the car so I put my foot down.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
“He kept the gun on me as I went past with his arms out-stretched like a marksman.
“It was such a shock. Afterwards I thought it could have been a toy gun, but it looked real enough. Either way he shouldn’t have been waving it around like that.
“I was worried about the girl so I called 999. They took a long time to come:because of the gun they had to get specialist firearms officers.
“But they came and talked to me so they were taking it pretty seriously.”
Islington police confirmed they were called to reports of a man in possession of a firearm just after 9am on May 3.
A spokesman said: “Armed Response Units were called and carried out an area search but there was no trace of the suspect or the firearm.”