Mum’s magic night for brave Islington toddler Poppy
The mum of a disabled child has organised a gala event to help raise the �33,000 needed to buy her daughter a prosthetic arm.
As reported by the Gazette in September, two-year-old Poppy Pickford, of Surr Close, Holloway, was born with a severely shortened right arm and no hand.
She needs a flexible silicon limb, but Islington Primary Care Trust say it is not cost effective to buy her one until she stops growing.
Some children born without an upper limb adapt better if they get suitable prosthetic arm early, so Poppy’s mum Donna Padfield has taken matters into her own hands by arranging a fund-raising magic event on April 12.
Ms Padfield, 27, said: “It is being held at the Magic Circle building in King’s Cross and the guest of honour is Dynamo, a famous magician. We are so grateful to everyone who has helped us out with this.
You may also want to watch:
“For Poppy to have a prosthetic limb for the next five years will cost �33,000 and we need to raise that. If we sell all the tickets, we could make about nine or ten thousand pounds, which would make such a difference. We already have about �5,000.”
A spokesman for Islington PCT said its priority was to ensure Poppy receives the most “appropriate” NHS care and treatment and insisted that her progress had not been compromised.
- 1 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 4 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 5 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 6 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 7 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 8 Barnard Park revamp could see 13 mature trees felled as football pitch relocated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Tickets for the event on April 12 cost �60 for the full reception, entertainment, a tour of The Magic Circle museum and a Theatre Show. For �120, guests also get a three-course dinner with magicians presenting tricks at the table.
n For more information visit www.teampoppy.co.uk.