Murder investigation launched after woman shot in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was shot in Holloway.
Police on patrol were called to reports of a woman shot in Loraine Road, Holloway, at about 9.30am on Saturday morning.
Officers found the woman suffering serious injuries and administered first aid until paramedics arrived, but the woman was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has been taken into custody at a north London police station.
A police spokesman said: “A firearm has been recovered and will be forensically examined.
You may also want to watch:
“At this early stage it is believed the arrested man and the woman are known to each other.”
The Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating and an incident room has opened led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Chalmers.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Anyone with any information that could assist police should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100, or police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.