Murder investigation launched after woman shot in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was shot in Holloway.
Police on patrol were called to reports of a woman shot in Loraine Road, Holloway, at about 9.30am on Saturday morning.
Officers found the woman suffering serious injuries and administered first aid until paramedics arrived, but the woman was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has been taken into custody at a north London police station.
A police spokesman said: “A firearm has been recovered and will be forensically examined.
You may also want to watch:
“At this early stage it is believed the arrested man and the woman are known to each other.”
The Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating and an incident room has opened led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Chalmers.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
Anyone with any information that could assist police should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100, or police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.