N1 Centre goes X Factor mad
X FACTOR’S first ever winner will switch on the Christmas lights at the N1 Shopping Centre at 6pm on Thursday (25) - and perform his new single to boot.
Steve Brookstein, who won the TV talent show back in 2004, has teamed up with Jazz singer and partner Eileen Hunter to record a version of the Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush ballad “Don’t Give Up”.
He remains the performer with the most amount of public votes on the X Factor with over 6 million across the UK - and N1 centre bosses hope his presence will bring a bit of festive sparkle to the switch-on event.
For X factor fans who cannot wait until Thursday, finalist and teen heart throb Lloyd Daniels will be visiting the N1 Centre at 5pm tonight.
Lloyd will meet and greet fans and sign autographs at ShakeAway, a meet and greet at ShakeAway for the launch of his 2011 Calendar.
You may also want to watch:
The N1 has late night shopping every Thursday in December, with an extra special event on December 2, when many stores will be open until 10pm and there will be limited edition goody bags for 500 shoppers. On Saturday December 4 and 18 there will be snow angels on stilts at the centre giving away chocolates and prizes, and on 4th and 11th December there is free face painting.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington