Injury blow for Arsenal as Nelson and Kolasinac sidelined until February
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed that Reiss Nelson and Sead Kolasinac will be out until February as injuries begin to mount up for Mikel Arteta’s men.
The pair missed Saturday's 1-1 draw with Sheffield United and the Gunners have revealed that Nelson is suffering from a hamstring injury while a thigh problem will keep Kolasinac out, with both expected to return to full training during the winter break on February 8.
The absence of both will be a big blow for Arteta who now has no fit first-team left-back while Nelson has been a key player during his reign so far, starting three of his six games in charge.
Speaking about the Englishman's injury on Saturday, the Arsenal boss said: "We had an incident in training.
"The doctors are still deciding how long it's going to take, but it's not looking good."
You may also want to watch:
The pair join Kieran Tierney (shoulder) and Calum Chambers (knee) on the sidelines, while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will also miss the next two games through suspension after his red card against Crystal Palace.
Their could be some positive news for Arteta ahead of Tuesday's trip to Chelsea though, with Sokratis being assessed ahead of the game after his absence through illness on Saturday.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller