New Act of the Year 2013 comedy heats begin next week: will they find the next Russell Brand?
Comedians from Hackney and Islington are signed up to compete in heats for the New Act of the Year competition, which begin next week.
The illustrious comedy competition, which has been going for 30 years, showcases the best emerging talent and previous entrants include Eddie Izzard, Alan Davies and Russell Brand.
Up to 16 acts per audition night have been selected to each perform for five minutes in front of a live audience and a panel judges, and 12 acts will be chosen to go forward to the grand final in January.
Auditions begin at 7pm on Tuesday November 13 at Rich Mix in Bethnal Green Road, and 7pm on Wednesday November 14 at The Sebright Arms in Coate Street, Tower Hamlets.
Auditions continue for the next four weeks, on Monday November 19, Tuesday November 27, Monday December 3 and Tuesday December 11 at Rich Mix, and Tuesday November 20 at and Wednesday November 21 at The Magdala, 2a South Hill Park in Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans