New Act of the Year 2013 comedy heats begin next week: will they find the next Russell Brand?
Comedians from Hackney and Islington are signed up to compete in heats for the New Act of the Year competition, which begin next week.
The illustrious comedy competition, which has been going for 30 years, showcases the best emerging talent and previous entrants include Eddie Izzard, Alan Davies and Russell Brand.
Up to 16 acts per audition night have been selected to each perform for five minutes in front of a live audience and a panel judges, and 12 acts will be chosen to go forward to the grand final in January.
Auditions begin at 7pm on Tuesday November 13 at Rich Mix in Bethnal Green Road, and 7pm on Wednesday November 14 at The Sebright Arms in Coate Street, Tower Hamlets.
Auditions continue for the next four weeks, on Monday November 19, Tuesday November 27, Monday December 3 and Tuesday December 11 at Rich Mix, and Tuesday November 20 at and Wednesday November 21 at The Magdala, 2a South Hill Park in Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 7 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed