New ceviche restaurant from Peruvian pioneer to open in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A popular Peruvian restaurant was given permission to open a second branch in a historic Finsbury landmark.
Ceviche – one of the driving forces behind London’s Andean food revolution – was given the nod for a new venture at the Alexandra Trust Dining Rooms in City Road, by an Islington Council licensing committee on November 4.
Martin Morales, Peruvian restaurateur, chef and award-winning cookbook author, is behind the scheme.
He said; “I am very proud of my team and what we have achieved at Ceviche Soho and Andina in Shoreditch and hope both locals and visitors will embrace our partnering of British and Peruvian heritage and modernity at Ceviche Old Street.”
At the same meeting an off license, Beers, Wines and Spirits, in St John Street, Finsbury, had its license revoked due to alleged illicit alcohol and underage sales.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s owners have 21 days to appeal the decision.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green