New ceviche restaurant from Peruvian pioneer to open in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A popular Peruvian restaurant was given permission to open a second branch in a historic Finsbury landmark.
Ceviche – one of the driving forces behind London’s Andean food revolution – was given the nod for a new venture at the Alexandra Trust Dining Rooms in City Road, by an Islington Council licensing committee on November 4.
Martin Morales, Peruvian restaurateur, chef and award-winning cookbook author, is behind the scheme.
He said; “I am very proud of my team and what we have achieved at Ceviche Soho and Andina in Shoreditch and hope both locals and visitors will embrace our partnering of British and Peruvian heritage and modernity at Ceviche Old Street.”
At the same meeting an off license, Beers, Wines and Spirits, in St John Street, Finsbury, had its license revoked due to alleged illicit alcohol and underage sales.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s owners have 21 days to appeal the decision.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington