New ceviche restaurant from Peruvian pioneer to open in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A popular Peruvian restaurant was given permission to open a second branch in a historic Finsbury landmark.
Ceviche – one of the driving forces behind London’s Andean food revolution – was given the nod for a new venture at the Alexandra Trust Dining Rooms in City Road, by an Islington Council licensing committee on November 4.
Martin Morales, Peruvian restaurateur, chef and award-winning cookbook author, is behind the scheme.
He said; “I am very proud of my team and what we have achieved at Ceviche Soho and Andina in Shoreditch and hope both locals and visitors will embrace our partnering of British and Peruvian heritage and modernity at Ceviche Old Street.”
At the same meeting an off license, Beers, Wines and Spirits, in St John Street, Finsbury, had its license revoked due to alleged illicit alcohol and underage sales.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s owners have 21 days to appeal the decision.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington