New ceviche restaurant from Peruvian pioneer to open in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A popular Peruvian restaurant was given permission to open a second branch in a historic Finsbury landmark.
Ceviche – one of the driving forces behind London’s Andean food revolution – was given the nod for a new venture at the Alexandra Trust Dining Rooms in City Road, by an Islington Council licensing committee on November 4.
Martin Morales, Peruvian restaurateur, chef and award-winning cookbook author, is behind the scheme.
He said; “I am very proud of my team and what we have achieved at Ceviche Soho and Andina in Shoreditch and hope both locals and visitors will embrace our partnering of British and Peruvian heritage and modernity at Ceviche Old Street.”
At the same meeting an off license, Beers, Wines and Spirits, in St John Street, Finsbury, had its license revoked due to alleged illicit alcohol and underage sales.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s owners have 21 days to appeal the decision.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque