New Co-op food store opens in Archway
- Credit: Joel Chant
A new Co-op food store has opened in Archway, following a £640,000 investment.
The Junction Road store runs on 100 per cent renewable electricity and has brought with it 20 new jobs.
It opens 7am-11pm and includes a bakery, Costa coffee and hot food.
Store manager Dinesh Patel, said: “We are delighted to have had the opportunity to make such a significant investment to serve the community – we have had a great response. Co-op is committed to connecting communities and making a difference locally, and our aim is to operate at the heart of local life.
“We also want customers to know that they can become a member of their Co-op, and make a difference every time they swipe their membership card when buying own branded products.”
You may also want to watch:
Members receive a 5pc reward on purchases of own-brand products, and the retailer donates a further 1pc to community causes.
The store’s Food Share scheme works to minimise food waste.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020