New, larger Post Office set to open in Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office merging branches in Upper Street and Highbury opens in June.
Islington Post Office will be at a new, larger address at 160-161 Upper Street, with seven counters and two self-service kiosks.
It will also open for an extra three and a half hours every week – from 9am to 6pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 9.30am to 6pm on Tuesdays; and 9am to 1.30pm on Saturdays.
This decision follows a 12-week public consultation .
process during which a public customer forum was held to share information about the proposals.
You may also want to watch:
Opponents of the scheme had argued the loss of Highbury Corner was a blow to the area and argued some older people would be unable to make the longer journey.
The new Post Office will open at 9am on June 16 and the current Highbury and Islington branches will close on June 14.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital