New, larger Post Office set to open in Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office merging branches in Upper Street and Highbury opens in June.
Islington Post Office will be at a new, larger address at 160-161 Upper Street, with seven counters and two self-service kiosks.
It will also open for an extra three and a half hours every week – from 9am to 6pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 9.30am to 6pm on Tuesdays; and 9am to 1.30pm on Saturdays.
This decision follows a 12-week public consultation .
process during which a public customer forum was held to share information about the proposals.
You may also want to watch:
Opponents of the scheme had argued the loss of Highbury Corner was a blow to the area and argued some older people would be unable to make the longer journey.
The new Post Office will open at 9am on June 16 and the current Highbury and Islington branches will close on June 14.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London