New pie and mash stall opens in Holloway
The stall at Nag’s Head Market is set to prove a winner with shoppers.
Pearly Princess Shannon Simmonds, nine, enjoys a forkful of pie and mash with her granddad George Major, the Pearly King of Peckham.
The pair were at the opening of new pie and mash stall Jono’s in Nag’s Head Market, Holloway, on Saturday.
The stand served more than 300 portions of the traditional East End fare on its first day – and could be the only pie and mash shop in London doing home deliveries.
Danielle Barfoot, who has set up the stall with two friends, said: “It’s something we have been thinking about doing for a while. We have had so much positive feedback already, from people who are saying it’s something they have always been calling out for in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Supplier Jim Thurston said: “Whenever there’s a market, pie and mash does well. It’s the first one I’ve heard of that does home deliveries and I think they could be on to a winner.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington