New series Lucky Man filmed in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Watch closely and you may notice that Islington features in Stan Lee’s new action-packed series Lucky Man.
First broadcast on Sky 1 last Friday, the series stars James Nesbitt as a hero who has the super-power of good luck.
In June last year, Mr Nesbitt was filmed in Dingley Place, Clerkenwell, in a thrilling chase sequence involving motorbikes and a lorry. At another point in the series, he found himself in Collins Music Hall in Essex Road, where a cage fight was staged.
In a sign of gratitude, the production made a donation to Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society.
Stan Lee - the co-executive producer of the film - recently told MCM Buzz: “London has everything you could want in a city that has to smack of realism and yet have an air of fantasy about it. I’ve loved London from Arthur Conan Doyle’s descriptions in his novels, and from having visited myself.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Pavord, director of the company Filmfixer which managed filming access, said: “This production has managed to shoot breathtaking scenes with minimal disruption to Londoners. Kind donations were made to many resident groups, so locals might benefit directly.
“These included Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society in Islington and residents in Lambeth’s Mursell Estate and Albert Square.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 3 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 6 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world