New series Lucky Man filmed in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Watch closely and you may notice that Islington features in Stan Lee’s new action-packed series Lucky Man.
First broadcast on Sky 1 last Friday, the series stars James Nesbitt as a hero who has the super-power of good luck.
In June last year, Mr Nesbitt was filmed in Dingley Place, Clerkenwell, in a thrilling chase sequence involving motorbikes and a lorry. At another point in the series, he found himself in Collins Music Hall in Essex Road, where a cage fight was staged.
In a sign of gratitude, the production made a donation to Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society.
Stan Lee - the co-executive producer of the film - recently told MCM Buzz: “London has everything you could want in a city that has to smack of realism and yet have an air of fantasy about it. I’ve loved London from Arthur Conan Doyle’s descriptions in his novels, and from having visited myself.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Pavord, director of the company Filmfixer which managed filming access, said: “This production has managed to shoot breathtaking scenes with minimal disruption to Londoners. Kind donations were made to many resident groups, so locals might benefit directly.
“These included Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society in Islington and residents in Lambeth’s Mursell Estate and Albert Square.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree