New series Lucky Man filmed in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Watch closely and you may notice that Islington features in Stan Lee’s new action-packed series Lucky Man.
First broadcast on Sky 1 last Friday, the series stars James Nesbitt as a hero who has the super-power of good luck.
In June last year, Mr Nesbitt was filmed in Dingley Place, Clerkenwell, in a thrilling chase sequence involving motorbikes and a lorry. At another point in the series, he found himself in Collins Music Hall in Essex Road, where a cage fight was staged.
In a sign of gratitude, the production made a donation to Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society.
Stan Lee - the co-executive producer of the film - recently told MCM Buzz: “London has everything you could want in a city that has to smack of realism and yet have an air of fantasy about it. I’ve loved London from Arthur Conan Doyle’s descriptions in his novels, and from having visited myself.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Pavord, director of the company Filmfixer which managed filming access, said: “This production has managed to shoot breathtaking scenes with minimal disruption to Londoners. Kind donations were made to many resident groups, so locals might benefit directly.
“These included Clerkenwell Green Conservation Society in Islington and residents in Lambeth’s Mursell Estate and Albert Square.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid