Newington Green’s Alma pub re-opens Soho institution Molly Moggs
- Credit: Archant
The team behind Newington Green’s much-loved Alma pub has re-opened Soho institution Molly Moggs.
The Alma is a regular in London’s “pub of the year” award ceremonies, and Wes Deaton and Jimmy Patrick are looking to bring their magic touch to Molly’s, which is at the heart of the capital’s gay scene.
It closed under its previous management at the end of March, but Wes and Jimmy re-opened it a couple of weeks ago, with its official relaunch party on Monday.
Wes said: “It’s such a famous pub and Jimmy hates to see pubs close down. It’s an institution and the punters love it.
“We got the keys, did a quick clean and had it back open within three days. It’s been a huge success already.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be exactly the same, with all of the old acts and DJs, and most of the previous staff.”
The Alma team also runs North by Northwest in New North Road and King William IV in Hampstead.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing