Newington Green’s Alma pub re-opens Soho institution Molly Moggs
- Credit: Archant
The team behind Newington Green’s much-loved Alma pub has re-opened Soho institution Molly Moggs.
The Alma is a regular in London’s “pub of the year” award ceremonies, and Wes Deaton and Jimmy Patrick are looking to bring their magic touch to Molly’s, which is at the heart of the capital’s gay scene.
It closed under its previous management at the end of March, but Wes and Jimmy re-opened it a couple of weeks ago, with its official relaunch party on Monday.
Wes said: “It’s such a famous pub and Jimmy hates to see pubs close down. It’s an institution and the punters love it.
“We got the keys, did a quick clean and had it back open within three days. It’s been a huge success already.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be exactly the same, with all of the old acts and DJs, and most of the previous staff.”
The Alma team also runs North by Northwest in New North Road and King William IV in Hampstead.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 9 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder