Night Overground service extending to Highbury and Islington from Friday
- Credit: Matt Buck/Flickr/Creative Commons licence CC BY-SA 2.0
Business chiefs have welcomed the news that the Night Overground service is extending to Canonbury and Highbury and Islington from Friday.
The service from New Cross Gate currently terminates at Dalston Junction but will carry on for two more stops, benefiting thousands of passengers by joining the Victoria Line, served by the Night Tube.
The trains will run approximately every 15 minutes.
Christine Lovett, CEO of the Angel.London business district, said: “Angel is home to a thriving night time economy; we have countless restaurants, cafes, bars, cinemas and music venues.
“We are thrilled to hear the Night Overground will link Islington and Angel up to southeast and east London. It will provide affordable and safe transport for visitors, residents and staff who work in the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan said: “These night-time services are providing a huge boost to our economy and a safe and reliable way for people to travel across the capital.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'