Night Overground service extending to Highbury and Islington from Friday
- Credit: Matt Buck/Flickr/Creative Commons licence CC BY-SA 2.0
Business chiefs have welcomed the news that the Night Overground service is extending to Canonbury and Highbury and Islington from Friday.
The service from New Cross Gate currently terminates at Dalston Junction but will carry on for two more stops, benefiting thousands of passengers by joining the Victoria Line, served by the Night Tube.
The trains will run approximately every 15 minutes.
Christine Lovett, CEO of the Angel.London business district, said: “Angel is home to a thriving night time economy; we have countless restaurants, cafes, bars, cinemas and music venues.
“We are thrilled to hear the Night Overground will link Islington and Angel up to southeast and east London. It will provide affordable and safe transport for visitors, residents and staff who work in the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan said: “These night-time services are providing a huge boost to our economy and a safe and reliable way for people to travel across the capital.”
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park